To learn how to host a screen-sharing or video conference from within the Zoom.us application, follow the instructions below.
*Note: if you have not yet downloaded the Zoom application, please visit the Zoom Download and Log in Tutorial
Step 1: Open the Zoom.us application.
Step 2: Host a Meeting
- Click the New Meeting button
- *Note: click drop down to right of New Meeting label to opt into starting with video or not starting with video
Step 3: Inviting Participants
Click the up arrow on participants and the click the Invite button at the bottom of the meeting window.
You can share the invitation in a few different ways:
- Clicking the Copy URL button, then paste the URL into an email message to the participants you wish to invite.
- Click the Copy invitation button, then paste the message into an email to the participants you wish to invite.
- Click one of the email service buttons. Your chosen email service will appear with a preformatted invitation.
- Click Contacts and search for contacts to invite through the UCCS system
Step 5: Schedule a Meeting
Click the Schedule button.
Step 6: Scheduling - Name and Date
- Enter a meeting title, in the Topic field.
- Select a start date and start time
- Update duration
- Verify correct time zone
Step 7: Scheduling - Host and Participants
- Click Box next to Passcode to create passcode to join meeting
- Click box next to Waiting Room to only allow users to be admitted by the host
- Click box next to Only authenticated users can join to only allow UCCS members to join meeting
- update who is allowed to have cameras turned on
- update audio connections
Step 7: Scheduling - Calendar
- Schedule the meeting by clicking Save
Step 8: Emailing the invitation
- If given an email invitation from Outlook add in participants emails/contact information and send out email