This guide is geared specifically to creating an inbox rule to help clean up Undelivered emails after an email account has been compromised.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Click the Settings Menu
Once you log in, click on the Settings (gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen), then select View All Outlook Settings at the bottom:
Step 2: Select the Rules Menu
Click Rules → Add new rule
Step 3: Create a New Rule
- Enter a descriptive name for the rule
Step 7: Select what to do with the messages
- Under Add an action, select what you'd like to do with the message
- In this example, we want to move the message to the Deleted Items folder
Step 8: Save the Rule
- You can temporarily turn off the rule by toggling the switch to the left of the rule
- You can edit or delete the rule by pressing the respective icon to the right of the rule
This rule only works on new emails coming in. You will have to either manually delete the emails currently in your mailbox or use the Outlook desktop application to run the rule on your mailbox.
To manually run a rule in the Outlook desktop application please see this Microsoft KB article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-email-messages-by-using-rules-c24f5dea-9465-4df4-ad17-a50704d66c59