Use this tutorial to learn how to record Zoom meetings locally to your computer, then share them with attendees. To record to the cloud, see the Record a Meeting to the Cloud tutorial.
Step 1: Start Recording
- After starting a Zoom meeting, click Record, then select Record on this computer.
Step 2: Ending Meeting
- End the meeting, and wait for Zoom to finish converting the recording.
- Find recording in local folder.
- Zoom meeting recordings each create a folder with 3 files.
- The main recording you will want to use is the mp4 file. Change the default file name from zoom_0.mp4 to something more descriptive.
Step 3: Updating Recording Save Settings
- Open Zoom Application
- Click the Settings () button.
- To find your default recording location select Recording. You can also change the location of your recording location as well as adjust other recording settings here.