Step 1: Open Active Directory
Click the Start icon and type Active Directory into the search box. Click on Active Directory Administrative Center.
|No Active Directory App
If you cannot find the Active Directory app on your computer, you may need to install it first. Please follow these steps to install it:
- Search "Manage Optional Features" and open the "Manage Optional Features" option
- Click "Add a feature"
- Search or scroll to "RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Services Tools" and check the box next to it.
- Click Install
- When the installation finishes, you should be able to find "Active Directory Administrative Center" with the search bar.
Step 2: Navigate to Department Server
In Global Search type "Depart" and the name of the Columbia drive you are looking for or "Exchange" and the name of the shared mailbox.
The results should look like similar to this.
The difference between unlabled, Full, and RW is
- unlabeled - read only access
- RW - read/write access (this is where you will add most of the people in your department)
- Full - full access to Columbia, this includes editing who can be added/removed so please don't add your whole department to this one
Step 3: Checking Folder Ownership
Double click the desired access option (view above for which is which)
You will be presented with the following screen
The highlighted portion will be the manager of the drive
Step 4: Changing User Access
Scroll down to the "Members portion of the above screen or select the "Members" option on the left
Select the "Add.." or "Remove" buttons on the right side.
Step 5: Add the Username
Add the new person's username and click the Check Names button.
Step 6: You have added the User Successfully
When you have added all the people needed, click the OK button.