The following requirements are necessary for remote access to open lab computers.
- A computer running Windows or macOS or Mac computera Chomebook
- Your computer must be connected to the UCCS Resources VPNA Windows or Mac computer with Microsoft UCCSVPN
- Microsoft Remote Desktop must be installed
- For Mac computers: Microsoft Remote Desktop in Mac App Store
- For Windows 10 computers: Microsoft Remote Desktop is included in all versions of Windows 10
- UCCS Chromebooks have the Remote Desktop app installed by default
- For all other devices: Follow Microsoft's instructions here: Remote Desktop clients
- A reservation for a UCCS lab computer
Enter your UCCS credentials to sign-in and reserve a computer.
Step 3: Copy the name of one of the available desktops
Step 4: Paste the name of the desktop in your Remote Desktop client
Click Connect to initiate the remote desktop connection.
Step 5: Use your UCCS credentials to log-in to the lab computer.
Make sure to use the format email@example.com.
Accept the certificate if prompted.
If you are unable to connect, please try again with one of the other two provided computer names.
Step 6: When finished, sign-out or log off of the remote desktop.