Available wireless networks
Three different wireless networks are present throughout the UCCS campus, each providing a different level of service.
The names of these three wireless networks are UCCS-Wireless, UCCS-Guest, and eduroam.
- UCCS-Wireless (secure and encrypted)
- this is the main wireless network for students, faculty, staff, and guests/visitors who request a temporary username and password to be able to access this network
- UCCS-Guest (unsecured and not encrypted)
- this is our guest network that offers simple, basic internet access
- traffic on this network is not encrypted. only use this for basic web browsing. do not send sensitive information over this network.
- if you are a guest and require a secure/encrypted wireless connection, you should request a temporary username and password so you can join the UCCS-Wireless network
- Eduroam (secure and encrypted)
- this network is available for visitors from other eduroam colleges and universities. they can use their home institution's username and password for access to this wireless network.
What network should you connect to?
|If you meet this condition:||I have a UCCS username & password because I am a UCCS student/faculty/staff/etc...||I don't have a UCCS username & password and I'm not from an eduroam institute...||I am visiting from an eduroam participating institute...|
|Then connect to this wireless network:||Connect to UCCS-Wireless||Connect to UCCS-Guest||Connect to eduroam|
Detailed instructions (by device type) on how to connect to wireless
First determine which wireless network you are trying to connect to. Then choose that network below for detailed step-by-steps instructions.